Corfe Mullen Youth & Community Centre is part of Dorset County Councils Children Services and provides educational and social activities.
This supports the personal and social development of young people in the 12 to 19 year old age group.
Underpinning our work we are guided by the five every child matters outcomes which are:-
- To be healthy
- Stay safe
- Learn new skills and have their achievements recognised
- Make a positive contribution
- Enjoy economic and social well being
We work around different themes and programmes such as the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award where young people can achieve a recognised award which can help to build up their portfolio of skills.
Other activities the centre runs are trips to theme parks, skate parks, quad biking, surf lessons, tall ship sailing as well as county events.
These extra events often occur during weekends and school holiday periods and give young people an opportunity to have a go at an activity at minimal cost.
The Centre is open 5 nights a week
- Monday Year 7 Programmed activities
- Tuesday Project Night & Duke of Edinburgh’s Award
- Wednesday Year 10 Drop in and advice
- Thursday Year 9 Programmed activities
- Friday Year 8 Programmed activities
All events are supervised by suitably qualified and trained staff that have completed the obligatory clearance check for working with young people.